Monday 22 April 2013

T is for transmute. Healing with words. Day 20. #atozchallenge.

transmute |transˈmyoōt; tranz-|verbchange in form, nature, or substance

It happened yesterday afternoon when I saw the solar panels on some old houses on the hill. My reflex reaction 'they look shiny and ugly. They don't fit.' Too modern in an environment where roofs were once thatched on houses that inspire fairytales. It will look like a scene from a regulated and uniform future.

My reaction grew into a story, about a man who once thought those same brick and wood beam houses with high pitched roofs, were just modern and ugly. Those same ugly houses that make this city one of the most charming sites in Denmark

Those same ugly houses with windows shining like stage lights when the sun reflects off them. Those same ugly houses that capture imaginations, when every hillside is covered in snow, mini havens with christmas lights twinkling, during long Northern winters.

Carved into the hillside on the most beautiful Fjord in Denmark, opposite one of the prettiest (and only) forests, on a land that has been savagely reaped. It is progress, all the houses have a view and every house can be seen, what was once hideous, soon becomes adorable.

The last time I wanted to write a story based on a simple reaction was over 12,000 days ago.  Last night before I fell asleep I met some new characters, this morning they were gone, but something has shifted.

I'm a reader and a writer, about 6000 days ago I stopped writing a journal, old thoughts became repetitive, new thoughts were venom to my ego, so I stopped thinking them.  

Maybe it's the the inspiring lessons and creations, from the hundreds of blogs I have been reading, or maybe it's just the right time.  All I know for now, is that I have some posts to finish before this April, AtoZ blogging challenge is over. I don't know what to expect, come what may, a passion has awakened.

***
Thanks shop and fun
The book, Animal medicine teaches that snake represents transmutation: There are other sources that I have long since given away or forgotten. I suggest if you are drawn to animals, or a particular animal, learn what you can about their behaviour - Are you more of a night owl or springbok?

- Snake is the symbol of modern medicine, it is equally worshiped and demonised throughout the world, a hunter and the hunted.

- Shedding skin is symbolic of transmutation.  As the skin starts to shift, snakes eyes become cloudy and they can't see properly. They attack their own shadows (and people they come into contact with). As their skin sheds their vision becomes clearer, energy re-kindled. It's still the same snake with a new outer casing, more room to grow and a whole new perspective.

- Antidote for a venomous snake bite is made from the same venom, we are our own antidote.


***

Has your passion been ignited lately? What do you do if a story comes to you, while your falling asleep? 

***

Find out how I chose my theme by reading the intro blog at A-Z challenge list. Words of change.  Please add more words to the list in the comments - and with gratitude, I'll link your words back to you.

17 comments:

  1. Shiny n ugly is a contradiction but so wanted here. Loved how u made that storyline from those solar panels.
    And this month certainly the urge to write a post daily is igniting me and if a story comes when I am falling asleep, guess have to see it as a dream and try to remember, which most certainly won't happen. But still waking up after a good dream feels good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sweetie, I'm with you all the way, the details aren't as important as the feeling. :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely, I can't wait to read what is coming next!

    on thoughts of transmutation: We recently went through a very rough patch as a family--(job loss, and move) and I dreamt of snakes every night for a week before we got the big news. I think my spirit already knew what was happening and was trying to let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you shared your story, I struggled with how to put transmutation and snake medicine together, and I am glad I just decided to go with out now, I often dream of snakes around times of change, I am equally amazed and frightened by them, sometimes they attack me but they never hurt me... I hope everything has turned out for the best.

      Delete
  3. This is the year of the Snake according to the Chinese calendar. That's my year. Thus far, it has been one awakening after another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my bonus children is born in year of the snake, he has been talking in his sleep a lot and definitely changing, it is powerful medicine but has been a positive experience for all of us.

      Delete
  4. It does seem like the snake was a sign of changes to come, and that your energies were transmuted because you feel different. I also stop writing every now and then, but I'm always "awakened" and I start writing again. I hope you'll keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosanna, taking breaks is a great idea, but denying myself a pleasure just to avoid facing up to reality was, if nothing else, a valuable lesson :) I look forward to see what writing you have been doing recently :)

      Delete
  5. I have the snake and sword in stained glass...a friend made it...very cool. Congratulations on the reboot...we all stall. Its great when it comes back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post. I do have to say, I keep Evernote handy on my phone, above my head, for those nights I get a spark and don't want to get up completely. I lay in bed, with my phone, and type away the ideas. They are there, just waiting for that moment I can get back to them.

    Jai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually funny I have Evernote too, and you just reminded me, I have to check and see what notes I wrote in the first few weeks. Thanks Jai, great tip :)

      Delete
  7. So glad you are reinspired! Pick up that old journal :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thoughts often come to me in those few moments when my brain is racing through all of the events of the day deciding which events and thoughts to log into memory for safe keeping and which to discard. I keep a notebook with me every where, including by my bed and in my car because entirely too often, the perfect idea, line of poetry, message to a loved one, comes to mind right in those moments. Sometimes I even write down my thoughts in the pitch blackness and awake to a barely readable scrawl of an idea. I have been known to pull my car over just to write down an idea before it fleets away.

    I have always been drawn to tigers - I think I will look into them a bit more now that you mention it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would look at any animal with stripes and all the cats too... Vicious and playful are the first two words that come to mind when I think Tiger... I've been thinking of using my voice recorder more for those car moments... Thanks Brandy, great tips

      Delete
  9. I'm just happy my mind is now thinking of ways to write something again, I don't think I could ever move in that moment of just about to fall asleep, not even my bladder can get me to move at that point.... it will wake me up a few hours later if necessary... I don't like being surprised by snakes, I've seen a few in the bush, but I think they are an amazing creature... still don't really understand how they glide- it seems paranormal :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greetings to you Dear Gary (the shapeshifter) from Klahanie. I feel much the same way when I'm looking around, but have only been inspired to write again, recently - last year or so, but 'my pen stayed full and paper blank' too, for a long time...- I often wake when the sun rises and don't sleep until it's about to rise again... I hope you sleep well tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm water on stones. I just posted a tribute to Earth Day, my mother and the Mother.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback and your own stories are welcome.