Friday 4 April 2014

26 Loves of my life. Let's call him... Erik. #atozchallenge



Erik loved all the girls and all the girls loved Erik, as long as I was chosen as his number one,  I was a happy little vegemite.

Truth be known, Erik is a combination of 3 primary school boys that spurred stiff competition amongst the girls.  The first Erik fell in love with Jemima, and we all thought he could have done better if he had chosen someone else, one of us, me.

The second Erik remained elusive, he didn't want to hurt anyones feelings and flirted with all the girls.

The third Erik had his own harem. Every playtime, 6 or 7 of girls would compete for his attention.  At the end of every lunchtime, he would arrange his harem in order of most loved to least loved. The last few girls had buckley's chance of ever being picked first. The middle few changed rank on a weekly basis, second and third changed daily.

I was his number One. I got a say in where the other girls were ranked. I also got to walk back to class with him. I was chosen first in every game and never doubted my position.  Until the end of year approached I began to worry about how him changing schools would change everything.

He was the recipient of my first love letter and my first break up letter.

Dear To Erik,

If I had a choice I would still be your girlfriend.
Next year you start high school, I wish we could see each other still but I don't think we can because we won't be at the same school. Don't worry there will be lots of girls at your new school.

love from Ida

26 Greatest Loves of my Life #atozchallenge
Image courtesy of public domain clipart


He said he wasn't worried. The two girls I remember most were his second and third picks.  Do you know an Erik, was he worth fighting for?



***


I am away for the weekend and look forward to catching up with comments and posts next week. 


***

I use #atozchallenge when sharing my favourite posts.

Like Reflex Reactions on Facebook

Follow @ReflexReactions on Twitter

Add me to your circles on Google+ 

***

Read more about: 
The A to Z challenge  My theme and links to all 26 Greatest loves of my life.








22 comments:

  1. I think I like the second Erik the best, the one that didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. But knowing me, I would have been most attracted to the third Erik because I always like the bad boys. I wonder what he's like today - is he still ranking girls from best to worst? If Karma has a say, he's fat, bald, and impotent. ;-)

    Hope you’re having fun with the A to Z challenge,
    Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joecely, yes I am having lots of fun thanks. I think the second Erik was the best too - I don't what happened to Erik no.3, I am sure our games were loaded with enough innocence and lessons that he never turned out to be horrible, I remember his family as being very loving too

      Delete
  2. One does wonder what became of the rascal...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL @ the third Eric's harem and his strategy of picking girls! Did you meet him anytime later in life?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Shilpa, not the third Erik, but I did meet the second Erik just before our 40th birthday's and he is still a great guy.

      Delete
  4. I love the thought of a primary school boy having a 'harem'. That is hilarious!!!

    I too, wonder what happened to the 3rd Erik.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea what happened to him, I really can't remember why we all thought he was so great and I have no idea why any of us thought it was ok, but I think it's hilarious too...

      Delete
  5. We had an 'Erik' at school, his name was Nicholas ;P
    Sophie
    Sophie's Thoughts & Fumbles - A to Z Ghosts
    Fantasy Boys XXX - A to Z Drabblerotic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knowing me and a few of the girls it was probably our idea that he chose favourites, rather than his :)

      Delete
  6. Your last line made me think - was he worth fighting for? I find that so many women would be willing to fight for a guy they fancy no matter how futile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, I have never met a bloke worth fighting for... the funny thing is how many women I've known that couldn't handle a bloke looking, let alone talking to anyone but them. The ridiculous displays they put on for attention is sad really...High heels on cobblestones and mini dresses in freezing cold weather anyone? :D

      Delete
  7. We had a couple 'Eriks' At school… It was so hilarious to look back and think how desperate we were to be his/their number one! haha Have fun being away! Look forward to catch up when you get back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funny thing is Miss Bates, if I wasn't his number 1 there is no way I would have played the game...I remember feeling sorry for the other girls. I wish I could work out where that desperation for the attention of a partner, at the risk of ruining friendships, comes from...

      Delete
  8. Awe - - - that is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little surprised that some people think it was anything other than cute... but I know I wouldn't want my daughters playing a game that involved them being a part of a harem lol

      Delete
  9. Whoa, what happened later? Did you ever meet him? Erik is interesting :P :D

    ~S(t)ri
    Participant|AtoZ Challenge 2014
    Smile, it makes (y)our day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Penny, I have a touch of RSI too... I was away for the weekend, which was a nice respite but now I am way behind in replying to comments... let your human know that 'I'm Happy' and I hope you both are too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoy reading your post, Ida... And your space is the first one I subscribed to since the time I joined this challenge!! Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks taleoftwotomatoes, I feel honoured to be your first... I hope we have a long and lasting relationship :)

      Delete
  12. I like the second Eric Ida,the one who does not hurt feelings...
    Your story reminded me of one of my classmates in college....whom I met after almost 15yrs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first one was sweet too... but the second is still my favourite too. Sitara I would love to know more about your classmate story

      Delete
  13. so I also read your responses... glad you got to see Erik 2 ...the nice one... In answer to your question re thinking it would last..at that age everything was going to last forever.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback and your own stories are welcome.