Monday 12 August 2013

The Anti-Blogfest Gary Fest

Anti-Blogfest Gary Fest!


In honour of Gary (and special mention to Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet superstar) 
Gary at Klahanie is many things including lover of animals, enchanted forests and humans, especially the people that live outside of society's perfectly formed cubes. He is courteous, wise, funny and one of the first bloggers to make me feel welcome in blogland.  If you visit him and share his virtues you will be welcomed too.  He also whinges a lot, about blog hops and blogfests especially the #atozchallenge which he anti-supports to such a great extent that I am sure many people have joined the challenge just because of him... 

This is the  Anti-blogfest Gary Fest, created in his honour for (i'm guessing here) '(less) shits and (more) giggles' and is hosted by:

Mark "Madman" Koopmans
Ninja Captain Alex J. Cavanaugh
Rockin' Robyn Engel
Life is good Tina
Morgan Shamy.

The rules: Create the titles of three PG-13 blogfests you would never join and then add a descriptive sentence or two

1.  Abstinence and Celibacy blogfest.  No blogging for one month - not even a 'this is not an official post' posts - and no reflections post or you will be disqualified from participating for up to 3 years depending on length of the post and how much you whined. Also taking holiday's doesn't count.

2. The look at moi look at moi i'm so great and have really really great products i want you to buy and i don't care how great you think you are just read my blog and buy my products and leave a comment so everyone can see that you think i'm great too.......but don't expect me to reply to your comment or even read your blog and there is no way i will ever comment on your blog .......ever..... but I will email you and try to sell my products.....grammar anarchy blogfest. Rule number one: the only acceptable punctuation is lots of ellipses. Rule number two: Just read my blog and buy my stuff.

3. The A to Z bigot list. Lists must be in alphabetical order: you may choose one minority group and list 26 things you hate about them, or 26 minority groups and one thing you hate about them.  Technical point... there are more women than men on the planet so they are no longer a minority group. 

***

So there they are, 3 blogfests I would never join and I am sure Gary would never promote... though I'm thinking grammar anarchy on it's own would be one he might support in it's own right. Check out his blog here, I never know what to expect but I'm always glad that I took the time to read something he or Penny wrote.   

Dear Gary I hope you have fun on your day.

I wish I knew how to add the linky list to my post... check out the hosts pages to see the list of other participants


21 comments:

  1. I think some people are already participating in that second one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - those are definitely not blogfests I'd visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ida... Can you imagine if we all did number one??? Too funny! I'm sure Alex would still magically have hundreds of comments even when not posting...

    Great list here. And I'm so glad to be connected now. You have a great blog. (And I love your bio. You're a fascinating person!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grammar Anarchy *snort* Sounds to painful to even think about for long, eh? And totally with you on that last one... I know. I get it... the hypocrisy of tolerating all but the intolerant, but there you have it. That's me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good blogs to avoid....or would they be bad blogs? What makes a blog bad? Or good? Or are they bogged down blogs?

    I think I'm getting a headache. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. argh... I am all about the second, but I am not screaming it... just casually pushing it in your face. So if you could stop on over and see the cool things I have... books, t-shirts, music... giveaways a plenty... come on stop laughing at me, I am all ready a little self conscious...

    The Blog-fest that make me want to say "NO"...
    Jeremy H.

    New Look, New Name and Same Stuff...
    [Being-Retro]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky we can just ignore the ones we don't like, I tried to choose three that you have drawn my attention to in the past.. I feel all yucky just thinking about the amount of people that might want to join these ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Robyn and well done with the hosting. I love the thrill of blogging regularly (which I don't do often) I can easily forget about it for a a week or few at times. I've spent a lot of time single over the years and and think celibacy can be healthier than the different partner every weekend searching for love phases that some people go through...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still giggling over "look at moi look at moi!" HAH!!! :-D
    Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if you ever heard of or seen the Australian version of Kath and Kim... there's a particular accent that goes with it. I like the french version too :)

      Delete
  10. All suitably horrible ideas for blogfests, to be avoided at all costs1 ;)

    "look at moi look at moi, Kimmaaaaay!"

    Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kath and Kim, were just comedic genius'. I have two friends doing a female comedy duo show called Dash and D'Bree, and they are just as good. Worth googling, though I'll do a post about their new web series soon. Thanks for dropping in Trish

      Delete
  11. Hahaha yeah those are terrible blogfest ideas. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope your wrong Nancy, I never want to find any of those type of secret fests. Abstinence has many benefits at times, so does indulgence. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Um, thanks, but no thanks! I believe I'll skip your blogfests. (Good ones!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan and welcome. Funny because that was the exact reaction this anti-fest was supposed to create but it's still strange to see a negative reaction as a comment - so glad you wrote good ones :) Thanks

      Delete

  14. I was hoping for the "look at moi look at moi" to happen.


    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh dear, I think I've already done the ellipsis blogfest, at least according to my editor, and I won!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winner! I'm guilty of a few too many ellipses or ellipsis (spell check likes both and I can't be bothered googling it now) at times and they are certainly used more now, I like them to convey a thought that leads to another thought or side track. They work well in chat conversations too, they seemed to have replaced etc. and i.e and commas, but I think I would tire of seeing too many in a novel.

      Delete
  16. If it's a triple no-no, shouldn't it be NO-NO! NO-NO AND NO-NO. I am great and hope you are too, look forward to seeing what you have been up to.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh dear... I think my idiot ex-brother-in-law would participate in that third one. At least verbally, and against all minorities....

    ReplyDelete

Feedback and your own stories are welcome.