Friday, 22 April 2016

O, P, Q, R, S, T #atozchallenge. Watch this space.

Oh Prince. Quick Redo Spinning Tunes.... 

Even I know that 6 words aren't going to cut it for almost a week of missed letters in the 2016 #atozchallenge, but I'm here. I made it back. It might be a poor effort but I'ma gonna see this thru.....

Some of my letter ideas for the week were:

OVER TRAINING

PROGRESSION

QUESTION EVERYTHING

REPETITIONS - RANGE OF MOTION

SPINNING AND SPIVI

TREADMILL 

I've instructed 5 indoor cycling classes in the last 10 days, the sixth starts in about an hour from now. I'm the new kid on the block that is struggling to build her class numbers. I have a language barrier, physical barrier and experience barrier. I'm working really hard to build confidence in me, both for the gyms members and for myself.

For some equally smart/stupid reasons, I've made a seperate music playlist for all 6 classes. I have discovered my inner DJ or I've managed to find another major source of distraction. Some people can put a music playlist and workout program together in a few hours, it takes me days. 

It took me over 4 hours to add two Prince songs to my "tribute" playlist for this morning's class. I use a program called Mixmeister to chop and piece together songs and music. I like my program and music to be timed perfectly to the second. The music needs to jump when I say jump. It has to tell a story, even if most people in the class don't understand the words. I want to help them understand.  I was up till after midnight again. 


Thanks Rebel Thrivers

I might change my modus operandi and start using Spotify instead. Buying music is becoming more expensive than a streaming membership... Prince was anti-streaming because the artists didn't get paid enough. A conundrum. Lucky I replaced my first Purple Rain LP with a CD a while back. I was one of those teenagers who painted her room purple...

Watch this space... later today I'll be doing a big catch up.... and seeing as I labour over my blog posts as much as I do my playlists it might not get finished until Sunday.

Woah - hang on a second, there's a few hundred words here now.  Lots of O, P, R, S and T words... It hasn't taken me very long, this gig gets easier the more you do it.

I feel as if putting my sneakers on just added 3000 steps to my step counter, without having to go to far. 

I wish my step counter would count time on the bike. That's a whole lot of unrecorded effort, but I can feel the results in my legs. They are stronger, lighter, faster, better.

It's time to get back on the instructors podium. The two Prince songs I've added to my playlist are 'Let's go crazy' as my opening and 'Purple Rain' in the finale... I shed a tear yesterday when my bonus boys heard it for the first time. 

I can't promise I'll write more. If I don't I will have plenty of time to catch up on a lot of other people's #atozchallenge posts.  

Enjoy your ride. 


***

I use #atozchallenge when sharing my favourite posts.

Like Reflex Reactions on Facebook

Follow @ReflexReactions on Twitter

Add me to your circles on Google+ 


***




10 comments:

  1. Hey Ida, sounds like a tough gig on the new job and I hear what you mean when you say you have to perfect with the music! It's why I almost didn't take part this year, the worry that I wouldn't have enough time to do "perfect"... I had to force myself to use old photos in the main or I wouldn't have had time, heck I still don't have time but I'm hanging in too!

    The lack of time is impacting more on my visiting than anything else as I can't get around the list very much at the moment, but hang in there!! Good luck with the classes today, I personally loved your OPQRST post :)

    Mars xx
    @TrollbeadBlog from
    Curling Stones for Lego People

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mars thanks so much for your support during this challenge it's a motivating factor me - it is more the visiting rather than the posting which is bothering me too so thatbis where my effort will lie over the next 58 hours - I owe it to the challenge

      Delete
    2. I am wandering about visiting some blogs that I met at the start of the challenge, I'm also wondering if you are going to do a U, V, W, X, Y and Z quick all in one post ;) I'm curious as to what sentence you'd come up with for those (and secretly hoping you'll do it, even if it's just hte sentence as I liked your last one so much!)

      But seriously hope the job's okay and you're getting some rest in amongst all those classes, new jobs can be super tough (as can old ones) and mostly I hope you're well.

      Mars xx

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. ... it's because of you that I did do a UVWXYZ post - thanks again for your motivation and support.

      Delete
    5. Well it's all a bit selfish in a way, I enjoyed this one so much I wanted to read another :)

      ...and it was superb! So I'm glad you did, thank you.

      Mars xx

      Delete
  2. Sorry you are finding it so time consuming Ida. The visiting is difficult to manage I do agree. It's part of what the challenge is all about though. Not much longer to go now, this is the last week beginning tomorrow. Thanks for dropping by.

    JO ON FOOD, LIFE AND A SCENT OF CHOCOLATE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don;t try to be perfect, just consistent, faithful and loyal. After that I can screw up all I want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find that my Fitbit records my bike time as steps, making it look like I've walked many miles! But it doesn't always record my sets of stairs properly... :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are my second fitness blog today, and I skipped my workout. I think someone is telling me something. Arggh. Back on track tomorrow!

    @IsaLeeWolf
    A Bit to Read

    ReplyDelete

Feedback and your own stories are welcome.