Wednesday, 13 April 2016

J is for JUST do something. #atozchallenge

Get fit or die trying.




I did it. I missed a day of the challenge so here I am on the morning of the overdue date, staring at a blank page deciding whether I really need to keep up the effort to do the rest of the #atozchallenge.

I type 'J is for' in the post title, stare for a while and head over to Facebook, just because... you know.  I spend an hour tweaking my playlist for tonights spinning class. Why can't spinning or playlist start with the letter J?  Jogging comes to mind, but I'm not a jogger.

Then I thought about Jumping but if you go back to my first couple of posts you'll learn why I don't like exercises that makes me bounce... though I do bounce more than I did at the start of this Journey.

While mindlessly browsing my Facebook timeline I came across another Fitness Blender post, that just happened to have a J word in the post description.  

" If you're lacking motivation for your workout today, do at least just this 20 minute workout. You'll be glad you did!"



It's low impact, which means its good for beginners or as a recovery workout for advanced trainers. It has already inspired my J post today... and if I didn't have a spin and circuit training class this afternoon I would probably just do it too.  

If it seems too much there is always marching on the spot. 

I am constantly impressed by people arriving at the gym complaining that they don't want to be there... but there they are. I tell them 50% effort towards being fitter is still 50% better than sitting on the couch doing nothing. 

***

I use #atozchallenge when sharing my favourite posts.

Like Reflex Reactions on Facebook

Follow @ReflexReactions on Twitter


Add me to your circles on Google+ 









4 comments:

  1. This reminds me of my husband, whenever I'm procrastinating over something I need to do, he says just do *something* doesn't have to the main something, but get started on a bit and make progress.

    Mars xx
    @TrollbeadBlog from
    Curling Stones for Lego People

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clever husband :) I apply the principle to cleaning... rather than say I need to clean the whole kitchen I tell myself to spend 10 minutes doing it. I either keep going once I'm started or am at least pleased I did a bit :)

      Delete
  2. Yes! Even when I'm feeling lazy or terrible and half-ass my workout, it's still better than nothing. I still feel better when I'm done. Also, I love Fitness Blender!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes indeed Fitness blenders stuff is just so clean and easy to understand and follow. I tell my groups that I hate doing squats, spinning, planks etc too... but always feel like superwoman once I've done it, even if it was half-assed :)

    ReplyDelete

Feedback and your own stories are welcome.